Code of Conduct
MICE in Africa 2021 believes that our community and events should truly be open to everyone. For this reason, we are for anyone regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion, class, status.
This Code of Conduct outlines what is required of a participant’s behavior and the consequences of unacceptable behavior.
We welcome all sponsors, volunteers, general visitors and other attendees to work together to create a conference that is safe and enjoyable for everyone.
3. Required behavior
- Be considerate, respect each other, and act cooperatively.
- Refrain from dignified, discriminatory or annoying behavior or remarks.
- Pay attention to other participants. If you find yourself in a dangerous situation or someone is in trouble, let the conference operator know.
- Participate in a genuine and active way. By doing so, you can cooperate with the operation of MIA 2021 and make it your own.
4. Unacceptable behavior
“Unacceptable behavior” includes:
- Menacing, annoying, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, and humiliating acts by participants in MIA 2021 and related events.
All online tool platforms for MIA 2021 may be shared with the public. Don’t bother others with those tools.
“Troublesome behavior” includes:
- Aggressive oral comments on gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, and disability
- Improper use of nudes and sexual images in public spaces, including presentation slides and text chats in virtual events
- Harassing photography and recording
- Continued interference with presentations and other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
5. The consequences of unacceptable behavior
Unacceptable behavior is unacceptable by other general visitors, operators, venue staff, sponsors, or anyone using MIA 2021’s online platform tools.
Those who are told to stop unacceptable behavior are required to respond immediately.
If a participant does something unacceptable, the conference operator considers it appropriate, including having the person leave the conference (online platform tool) without warning or refund. We may take action.
6. If you see an unacceptable act or suffer damage
If you are exposed to unacceptable behavior, someone is undergoing such behavior, or if you have any other concerns, please MIA 2021 as soon as possible.
The MIA 2021 Executive Committee will help participants contact platform moderators and local police, and help those who are otherwise exposed to unacceptable behavior during the conference.
We expect all event participants (sponsors, volunteers, speakers, general visitors, and other guests) to follow this Code of Conduct on all platforms and events related to the event.
8. Contact information
You can use the form below to contact the operator about this Code of Conduct prior to the event.